Nova Publishers
My Account Nova Publishers Shopping Cart
HomeBooksSeriesJournalsReference CollectionseBooksInformationSalesImprintsFor Authors
  Top » Catalog » Books » My Account  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout   
Quick Find
Use keywords to find the product you are looking for.
Advanced Search
What's New? more
Theory of Literature
Shopping Cart more
0 items
Shipping & Returns
Privacy Notice
Conditions of Use
Contact Us
Notifications more
NotificationsNotify me of updates to Comparisons in Household Food Security: United States and India
Tell A Friend
Tell someone you know about this product.
Comparisons in Household Food Security: United States and India $69.00
Editors: Samuel Owusu
Book Description:
This book provides an overview of research in the study of household food security in the United States and India. An estimated 85.1 percent of American households were food secure throughout the entire year in 2011, meaning that they had access at all times to enough food for an active, healthy life for all household members. The remaining households (14.9 percent) were food insecure, meaning that the food intake of one or more household members was reduced and their eating patterns were disrupted at times during the year because the household lacked money and other resources for food. Comparatively, this book provides a quantitative assessment of food security using a large household-level expenditure survey conducted by the Government of India during 2004/2005. The analysis tests the impact of several key assumptions required to estimate actual calories consumed from the expenditure data. (Imprint: Novinka)

Table of Contents:

Household Food Security in the United States in 2011
(Alisha Coleman-Jensen, Mark Nord, Margaret Andrews, Steven Carlson, USDA)

Estimating the Range of Food-Insecure Households in India
(Sharad Tandon, Maurice R. Landes, USDA)


      Global Agriculture Developments
      Nutrition and Diet Research Progress
   Binding: ebook
   Pub. Date: 2013 - 2nd Quarter
   Pages: 6x9 - (NBC-G)
   ISBN: 978-1-62417-531-2
   Status: AN
Status Code Description
AN Announcing
FM Formatting
PP Page Proofs
FP Final Production
EP Editorial Production
PR At Prepress
AP At Press
AV Available
Available Options:
Special Focus Titles
01.Violent Communication and Bullying in Early Childhood Education
02.Cultural Considerations in Intervention with Women and Children Exposed to Intimate Partner Violence
03.Chronic Disease and Disability: The Pediatric Lung
04.Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Health: New Research
05.Fire and the Sword: Understanding the Impact and Challenge of Organized Islamism. Volume 2

Nova Science Publishers
© Copyright 2004 - 2021

Comparisons in Household Food Security: United States and India